Specifiers can choose either wall or window unit air conditioning and baseboard or fan forced heating.
Fiber to the Home or Microwave equipment shelters can range from 6’ x 6’ to 12’ x 20’.
Standard specifications on equipment shelters include an exterior finish of fiberglass aggregate panel, a 3’ x 7’ steel door and skid assembly with rust preventive paint.
Equipment shelters can be mounted on foundations or raised structures
We Sweat The Details
Thermo Bond equipment shelters are constructed to customer’s specifications and shipped fully assembled, including lights, outlets, air conditioners, heaters, generators, transfer panels, ventilation systems, cable ladder, grounding systems, etc. Shelters are available in sizes ranging from 4’ width x 6’ length to 24’ width by 42’ length, with standard features including:
- A floor system consisting of a 3/4” layer of CDX plywood on the exterior and 3/4” layer of tongue and groove plywood on the interior attached to joists 16” on center (O.C.). A penetrating liquid bituminous sealer is applied prior to the floor assembly, which includes installation of a 16-mesh .011 wire mesh rodent shield to the complete underside of the floor. The floor’s interior core is filled with R-11 fiberglass batt insulation, while the interior surface is covered with a commercial grade vinyl tile. Minimum floor loading is 200 pounds per square foot.
- A roof system consisting of a 3/4” layer of CDX plywood on the exterior and a minimum 5/8” layer of oriented strand board with .030 fiberglass reinforced plastic laminated to the interior side. The roof’s interior core is filled with R-19 fiberglass batt installation. Minimum roof loading is 100 pounds per square foot and minimum roof impact resistance is 220 foot-pounds with no damage to either the exterior or interior of the roof or shelter.
- A wall system consisting of a minimum 5/8-in layer of oriented strand board with .030 fiberglass reinforced plastic laminated to the interior side. The wall’s interior core is filled with R-11 fiberglass batt insulation, while the standard exterior finish is the Thermo Bond Aggregate Panel, which is widely used in commercial office buildings. Minimum wall wind load is 120 miles per hour.
- A skid assembly consisting of two 6” by 9 lbs. beams welded into place with 2” x 2” x 1/4” angles placed between the beams every 4’ O.C. The complete skid assembly is painted with rust resistant paint or hot dipped galvanized after fabrication.
- An industrial grade adhesive sealer applied wherever two pieces of material are joined or fastened together to insure water tight joints. When exposed to winds of 50 miles per hour (prior to shipment), there is no measurable air infiltration of the shelter wall, floor or roof items.